Please take a few minutes to read the following guidelines for the smooth running of the sessions and for accessible presentations.
Presenters are asked to send their presentation no later than 15 June for interpreters to provide quality interpretation during the congress. See instructions below.
Click here to UPLOAD your presentation
1) BEFORE THE CONGRESS
- Check the schedule of your presentation and note your presentation code
See final programme here
- Some schedules may have changed!
Time allotted for presentations
- Plenary lectures:
45 minutes presentation
- Plateform presentations:
20 minutes presentation + 10 minutes questions & answers with the public
Official Languages for presentations
- Official languages for presentation are International Sign Language, French Sign Language, English or French
- Signed presentations are highly encouraged
- Please keep in mind that you are working with interpreters (for official languages and other national sign languages) and captioners.
How to prepare your powerpoint presentation ?
- Operating system: only Presentations for PC’s (Windows latest versions) and PC’s compatible (to avoid problems of compatibility between PC’s and MAC) will be accepted. no UNIX.
- Language: write in English only
- Slide template: use the official template
- Slide size: widescreen (16:9)
- Number of slides: count 3 minutes maximum per slide
- For plenary lectures: prepare 15 slides maximum
- platform presentations: prepare 7 slides maximum
- Place no more than 6 lines of text on a slide
- use high contrast
- use more than one color
- use a sans-serif font, such as Arial
- Font size of slide title should be 44 pt. or greater.
- Text fonts should be 36 pt. or greater.
- Graphics, charts, images:
- provide description for graphics, charts and visual images
- If you have pictures, they must be under the following format: .jpg, or .gif, format (.pict prohibited).
- for videos (in IS/French Sign Language or English), please include the URL in the ppt (Dailymotion, Youtube).
- Please do not forget to have the source files onsite site if you have videos in your presentation.
- Slide transitions
- Busy slide backgrounds
- Chart filler patterns
- Over-crowding text
- Color schemes providing low contrast
- Charts without text descriptions
Saving your powerpoint presentation
- File type: Save your file with the .pptx extension
- File name: use your final presentation code–your family name .
For instance: ED01–KHOLOUKHOEV .pptx
Sending your powerpoint presentation
- Send your file no later than 15 June 2019 via the uploading plateform
- Do not send your file by email.
2) DURING THE CONGRESS
Interpreters and preview room
An interpreters and preview room will be installed in the BAR ARLEQUIN, level 3tof the Congress Center (follow signs onsite).
After having picked-up their badge at the welcome desk, each presenter should go to the INTERPRETERS & PREVIEW ROOM, at least 2 hours before presentation time.
All presentations must be uploaded with the help of the conference technical staff in the INTERPRETERS & PREVIEW ROOM. Please bring your presentation on a USB key with you and do not forget to have the source files if you have videos in your presentation. Video files must be integrated in your power point presentation and must be in the following format: .mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .wmv, mp4 or .mov.
Its role on site will be to manage the following:
- Coordinate and ensure the overall smooth running of the congress sessions
- Meet with the interpreter team to check presentation language and content of presentations
- Follow the general schedule of the sessions
- Assist presenters for any requests they may have onsite
Each presenter should also check in the final programme that the time of his/her session have not changed.
- Tuesday, 23 July 2019: from 12:00 to 20:00
- Wednesday, 24 July 2019: from 08:00 to 18:30
- Thursday, 25 July 2019: from 08:00 to 18:30
- Friday, 26 July 2019: from 08:00 to 18:30
- Saturday, 27 July 2019: from 08:00 to 16:30
- The conference rooms will be equipped with a video-projector and a laptop.
- Your presentation will be sent directly to the conference room through the internal computer network of the Congress Center.
- All presentations are centralized in the preview room.
- Presenters are not allowed to connect their own laptop in the conference room.
- Qualified personnel will act as liaison between presenters and projectionists. Volunteers will be present in the conference room to assist you.
- Interpretation in International Sign Language, French Sign Language, English and French will be provided for all presentations.
- Real time captioning in English and French will be provided for the Opening Keynote Lecture and for Plenary Lectures.
- The sessions will not be recorded.